Saturday, April 21, 2007

Faith Like a Child...

I was watching the Convocation at Virgina Tech. the other day. I couldn't help the overwhelming sadness that came over me. Unable to hold the tears back in front of my oldest daugher I tried to explain a little of what was happening in the real world.

First she asked that I turn it becasue it was too sad for her to watch. It just sucked me in and I couldn't turn it off. Rarely do I ever watch TV during the day. I sat there for over 30 minutes that day. Trying to comprehend all I was hearing.

When the President of the US came on Maci asked who that man was. I told her and she looked a little confused. So trying to talk to my 4 year old's level I told her he was kinda like our king. She relates to princesses, queens and kings. Surly this would make her understand. When she thought for a second. "Mommy, he's not our king." Why not? "Cause our King is in heaven." Yes, dear our King is in heaven. Everything at that second was put in proper perspective for me by my four year old. Even when this world is filled with so much violence that we can't even comprehend or make any since of it, God is still our King. He is still in control. If only; we all could believe like a child...

"Then Jesus called for the children and said to the disciples, "Let the children come to me. Do not stop them! For the Kingdom of God belongs to such as these. I assure you anyone who does not have thier kind of faith will never get into the Kingdom of God." Luke 18:16 & 17

1 comment:

Mom said...

Thank you Dawn for sharing and showing your love of God in everything that you do. And a special thank you to you and Michael teaching Maci, Micah and Marley to love and trust in God. You understand how important it is to teach our children while they are young so that they will ALWAYS know that God is there for them. You are such a special child of God and make me proud that you are my daughter too. Love, Mom