Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Growing Up...




Last month Maci had her first playdate (without me) at a friends from school. Sigh..........Then she was invited over again to join them at the YMCA for a swim date. What fun!!!!! The little girl is the sweetest. And her family are very positive people to be around. We have become great friends. There was just something wrong with my little girl leaving our house and going out without one of us. Cry.....Not that she has never left us before. But it has always been with someone who was really close to us or related to us. I guess I just read too much into it.
For a moment...
Her childhood flashed in front of my eyes. I no longer sow my precious baby in front of me. I sow a beautiful, strong, intellegent little girl. One who has done a lot of growing up and changing in the last year. I wish I could keep her safe in my arms reach forever. I have noticed lately that the decisions I have had to make for her are becoming more thought out and harder. Everything seems to be changing. I want to just scream "NO" sometimes and keep her little, at least in my mind. Becasue I know that it's not physically possible. I need to find a way to Celebrate her changing, but don't really know how to do that becasue with Maci it's alwasy been a first for me. A learn as you go experience.
The things I love most about her...
She has this mature knowledge of her faith...How important it is! But still holds the innocense and ability to want to share it freely with other people. I hope that will never change. No matter how difficult it will become. I hope she will always step out of her way to minsiter the love of Jesus Christ. I love how she absolutely adores and loves her family. If she were to have us all in one room together and never let us go I think she would truly be in heaven. She talks about each of the memebers with such revrence and joy. You all are so important to this little girl and never may know how deeply she loves you. Creativity must flow somewhere in our blood lines. I don't think that it is a natural thing for every little girl. Break out the paint, a few craft materials and she will turn it into her own little masterpiece.
As I look into her crystle blue eyes I can honestly see the beauty in her soul that radiates to the surface. Maci Grace, you amaze me! You will always be my precious little baby.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Dawn- She is such a beautiful little girl- inside and out! So full of hugs- she makes us feel included ALL the time! I could eat her up!