Friday, November 30, 2007

Santa's Helper...

Being the good little helper that I am. I have allowed Santa to ship some items to my home this season. I will wrap them and place them under the tree to help take the load off of him. FedEx delivered one of these gifts today, unwrapped. On the front of the box, plain as day is an image of the contents inside. Well what the contents will look like after Michael helps Santa a little more by assembling the 1,000 pieces I'm sure it's in. I have my pink and white polka dot apron on. My house is in the process of getting decorated. Back to the apron. I have a christmas party tonight for my Sunday school class I'm baking for. I don't always wear an apron, but I have on a new shirt, thanks Mom, that I didn't want to ruin. (She gave it to me for my birthday.) I can get pretty messy. So back to the point. Oh one more thing, I'm also on the phone right in the middle of rolling sausage balls. If you've ever done this before you know how messy it can be. I run to the back door to see what my dog is barking about. Oh it's Santa's gift! In a hurry trying to avoid explaining this to my 5 year old I send her to my office to play the computer. (Computer time is like gold at our house.) Oh rats I've missed the delivery man before he has gotten back into his truck. I hang up the phone with promises to return the call and motion for the man to come and help me. (He must have thought I was the most domestic little housewife in my apron, LOL.) You see, the gift is to heavy for me to carry or even drag to the building shed in the back yard. With the most hateful, disgusted look on his face he obliges. In the sweetest, most kind voice I ask, " Could you please help me move this to the building out back, I don't want my kids to see what Santa has dropped off." His harsh reply, "Why didn't you ask before I carried this up the steps." I said nothing and just killed him with kindness, cause you never know what kind of day he was having.

I walk back into the house after Thanking him a million times for his kindness, thinking...
If I would not have been in the middle of being Betty Crocker, little housewife of the holidays, distracting my little girl who would have wondered why Santa had gifts delivered before Christmas, talking on the phone and the many other multi-tasking things I was doing at the time. I would have maybe, just maybe, seen you a little earlier and saved you the inconvenience of a few little steps...Like I would ever do something like that on purpose...Would it have killed you to swallow your harsh reply, put on a smile and help a friendly, busy neighbor out? Uggggggg......

1 comment:

ImagesbyMoriah said...

girl...I AM DyING IN laughter! THE apron...the domestic wife...the santa's helper...ohhh girl! LOVE IT!
What did you get Them!?
I loved this!!