Tuesday, May 8, 2007


Step 2 re-upholster seat.


Step 3 spray paint the chair frame.


Finished Project

I can think of 100 things I should have been doing today instead of what I did. LOL Just like my morning started out. Headed to Mooresville to run errands. Passed by Christian Ministries; though I shoud go in there, bet I'd run into Moriah, seconds later I pass her on slanting bridge rd. So I turn around cause I missed her and I should have gone with my instincts first. (She's been on vaccation.)

I soon forget what was on my adgenda in Mooresville anyway. LOL Should have made a note. I'm too young for forgetting, right? I should be. I blame it all on pregnancy. LOL I'll never be the same. Anyhow, I'm not already off track as usual. I find some great bargins and head back on track trying to remember what's most important first. I'm on a 3 hour time limit by time I leave.

After several other stops I run into Walmart...looking for moters day gifts and the girls birthday gifts. As I'm strolling past the craft section, I get this bright idea to re-cover these chairs in my garage. So I pick up some fabric $6 and some spray paint $0.99. I didn't end up getting anything I came for. LOL

Finished up and picked the girls up from pre-school. Went home to begin my project. Michael brought these chairs home from the dumpster one day. My first thought was throw them away. For some reason they have stayed in our garage. Yesterday I found an old wooden side table at the dump when I dropped off my trash. What did I do, but load it up in my car and take it home. I painted it with some paint that was in my garage and have one more thing to do till I'm finished. I'll post when I do.

The funny thing is I guess, this was just a spur of the minute project for me. Trust me when I say I have more important things I should have been doing. Like getting my house ready for the girls birthday party next weekend. And it's not like it was anything I was planning on doing for really even needed to be done. I guess I just felt the need to be crafty. So here are my Garage Chairs....There are 2 of them even though I only photographed one.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Moriah said...

FOR REAL!! CHECK OUT THOSE CHAIRS! GIRL! I AM STUNNED AT HOW WELL THEY CAME OUT! PROUD OF YOU!!!!!!!!!! AHHH! THEY are sooo festive!!