Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Afternoon Vistior...

"There are three things that will endure-faith, hope and love-and the greatest of these is love." 1 Corinthians 13:13




My kids are all asleep. I'm on the phone with Moriah. The house is so quite it's eerie. When what do I hear but a big bang that seems be coming from my back door. I hop up to see who or what it is. This sweet little bird, laying hopelessly on my deck. Cry... I so wanted to cry. So I ask Moriah what do I do? "Pick him up." The thought had crossed my mind. But what if he has some type of west nile virus? Hum......

I'll just filp him over with the broom and hopefully he'll hop up and fly away. This is what I did. An hour or so later I go to check on him he's managed to pull himself under one of the girls play cars for shelter from the rain. OK, I'll call Michael, he'll know what to do. His advise to me... um...disturbing. "Dawn go get my gun and put him out of his misery."
You mean actually pull the trigger...um...NO. Not to mention he's on our deck and I'd shoot a whole in our deck. I could never work up enough nerve to do this. OK, Michael says I've got another option. Optimistically I listen."Go get a platic bag and bang him on the side of the house." What? There has to me a more humane way to this all. It's just a bird, Dawn. Still yet, he's a creature of God's is he not?

By now the girls are awake and we go back to check on him. He's flown up to the banister on the deck. Whew... he's going to make it. Then up to the tree he flew. Out of faith you were healed, out of hope you survived and out of love I did not kill you little bird.
Fly away birdie...Fly away...
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

ImagesbyMoriah said...

I would have LOVED to see you get his gun and shoot the poor bird...
or..
better yet..
my idea..
"just break his neck Dawn"
LOL!
Poor bird!! I'd had little faith he would make it! Haha! AND he's flyin'!!

Jessica B said...

Great Blog Dawn, you guys are truly blessed! Shea would have had the same advise as Michael! LOL we have a cardinal that rams into our window daily fighting himself! LOL Can't wait to watch your family continue to grow!

GreatAuntPJ said...

I am in horror... see post about me being a critter lover. First of all, bullets ricochet - that could have been dangerous.

I am really enjoying the blog.