Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Pre-School Graduation!


Maci Graduates out of the 4 year old class room to Pre-KT



Maci we are so proud of you. You have done so well and learned so much in pre-school.

Maci has one of those borderline birthdays. Cut off is middle October and Maci has a Sept. 4th birthday. Her father and I have decided to wait another year to send her to Kindegarden. Just the thought of my little 4 year old baby starting school sends chills up my spine. OK maybe she's not a baby anymore, but she is still young to be expected to go all day long with out us. What's one more year going to hurt? Having fun, playing in the afternoons with her sisters and me! We have enrolled her in a program at Denver Baptist Pre-school called Pre-KT. It's a transitional kindegarden class. So she will still be learning to read just like the kindegardeners. A lot of the same work just scaled down a bit, so she won't get bored when she does go to school next year. It has been a very tough decision for us to make. But I really fell like we are doing what's best for her.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Corine said...

Hey Dawn, It's Corine, I think that you are making the right decision. I sent Taylor to school at 4 ( her b-day is 9/25 )and it's now that she is in 3rd grade that it's catching up to her. It's just a little harder for her than the other kids. She did well though and she's going to 4th grade. Good Luck!!

Jackie said...

Dawn...

I had the same issue as a child. Cut-off was Nov 1 and I had to wait a year (while cousin Terry Berg got to start!!!). It was the best decision. I was more confident socially and I think a better student for the wait.

Aunt Jackie